Followers

Saturday, April 6, 2013

New Beginnnings...

We are moving in 28 days!!!

We are taking a BIG step and moving to Michigan on May 4th.  We are going to be staying with Adam's parents for a while for a few reasons.  This move will help us to save money and figure out what we want to do with our lives. Max will have more kids to play with and cousins close which will be awesome for his development and all around happiness!  We will also be there to help his parents out around the house and with his dad.  I'm glad that this move will be good for everyone involved! 

Moving with a toddler will be interesting.  We moved once before but it was just across town so not too much changed. We are going to have a friend drive us with a uhaul trailer behind us on the 6-7 hour drive. (Any traveling with toddler suggestions are more than welcome lol).  
One of the biggest changes will be Maxtyn's therapy.  I am hoping that he responds well to new therapists and continues to progress.   He will be too old for the Early Intervention program this summer so either way he'd be losing his current therapists. Never the less, this move will be very good for Maxtyn. Oh, and the elementary school is like a 2 minute drive! :) 

How will the move be effecting me? 
I'm very excited. There will be many more opportunities for us. First off, we will have a car, finally!!! Woo hoo! I am excited to be able to get in my car at midnight and run to the store if I want to. We will never have to use a cab again! We will also have more opportunities to see more doctors and further go on with our diagnoses and testing.  This is a big problem that we always had was affording bus tickets or trying to find someone that could help us get to places we needed to go where the buses didn't run.  I"m also excited to be able to take Max to new places! Parks, zoos, all kinds of places are now opportunities! And another big thing is we can go on DATES! What are those you ask? These things where mommies and daddies go out and have dinner or go to a movie without a child there. Crazy thought right? I did it once, lol. Now that we will have more family and support, we can do things without always taking Max with us, however it will be hard for me at first. ;) Oh, and I will be close to my awesome Aunt and cousin who I haven't seen since I was little! Yayy!

This past year has been rough for us.  Losing Chris and all the memories here has been hard.   We also have had to deal with court and other family issues.  I can't wait until I'm able to go to walmart without being worried about running into people who try to ruin my life.  Or people stopping by my house or watching me. What a relief that will be!  I am excited to be able to be more social and hopefully work on myself, my weight and my strength.  I'll be sure to update you all along the way too :) 

- Amy

2 comments:

  1. We are both thankful that you kids agreed to move here. You can have the whole second floor so you can still go upstairs for privacy if you want to. We love you guys. Can't wait to get Max HUGS every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are excited too :) We love you guys too. Max is so much more social able than the last time you saw him. He's recently talking in sentences more too.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?